Friday, March 1, 2013

Laundry sorting trick: Sock keepers

Pin It

Sometimes there are simple things that make a job quite a bit easier.

This is one of them:



One of the things I strongly dislike about folding and sorting laundry, 
is matching socks and figure out who they belong to.

I would spend quite a bit of time holding up socks to see if they were the same length, 
and once I had paired them all, trying to figure out which child was the owner.

A few months ago I read about something that could help to eliminate this chore:

Give each child their own laundry bag, let them put their worn socks in it.
Then just wash the whole thing, throw it in the dryer like that,
and hand it back to them to be sorted. 

I used cheap laundry bags, and sewed a strip of patterned fabric along the zipper so that my girls would know which one belongs to them.

The result?

After 3 months of doing this
(yep, I am a slow blogger)
I have to say:
it works GREAT!

For them it's easy to put their worn socks in the bag every night,
and after laundry they just match up their socks and put it in their own drawer.

Should have done this YEARS ago!

Now, go make your own sock keepers :)

Shared at: Sugar Bee Crafts.

Pin It

5 comments:

teal915 said...

I have a laundry basket that is filled to the brim with socks right now, because I hate it too. I haven't folded socks in over a month, but my kids have a hard time finding their own socks in that mess. I need to do this.

Unknown said...

Great ideas!

Would love for you to link it up at my new Empty Your Archive link party which is a chance to dust off great posts from your archive - there is a focus this week on laundry - would really love to see you there, Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

Unknown said...

Awesome idea!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea!