Friday, December 7, 2012

Washi Tape Candle Holder and Candle - Fast, Pretty & Easy

Pin It


This HAS to be one of the fastest, easiest crafts I ever made...

I decided to share, since it's fun to make, and it can be used for gift giving, or just keep it for yourself...


I found this beautiful tape at Michaels.

I remembered seeing somewhere online where people were decorating candles or candle holders with Washi tape.

I wanted to use only a thin strip of the red and white striped tape, 
so I stuck it onto the backing sheet of a sticker sheet,
and trimmed it with my paper trimmer.



Then I just put it around a glass jar.

You can use store-bought canning jars, windlights, or just use an empty jam jar like I did...



In order to make the tealight match, I put some tape around that, too.


Simple, but lovely...


I really like the candy cane tape,
the colors, and the cute border, and also like how well it goes together with the narrow piece of candy-cane striped tape.

So if you don't have much time,
but still need to do some decorating,
or if you need a simple gift,
now you know what to do!

If you're looking for more handmade gift ideas,


Shared at Craft-o-maniac and Sugar Bee Crafts.

Pin It

1 comment:

Chrissy + Nate said...

So cute! I've seen lots of projects made with washi tape, so I think it is time for me to invest in some!

Chrissy
www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com