Monday, October 29, 2012

Laundry Schedule - Funny quote on canvas

Pin It

When I saw this quote somewhere online,
I knew it belonged in my laundry room.

It sounded SO familiar.

With 5 laundry producing people in our household,
doing laundry is one of these never-ending tasks.

It would maybe be better if I could just finish the job in one day,
but somehow, that never happens.

I really live up to this quote.

(I also line dry a lot of stuff, which then hangs in the laundry room,
and that sort of turns it into an extra closet where I go to get clean clothes, 
often till the next time when I need space to hang stuff to dry...
But how do you put that in the quote? :)  )


Initially, I created the following canvas:


I just painted the canvas,
cut the text out of Vinyl, using my Sihouette Cameo,
and put the letters on there.

I used non-permanent vinyl,
and that was no good idea.

In the damp environment of our utility room,
the letters started to come off after a while.

Since I wasn't too thrilled with the sign the way it was, anyway,
I decided to give it another try.


I peeled the letters off, and cut the text out of contact paper this time.

I put the letters on there, and then painted all over it with grey paint.



After the grey paint had dried,
I stamped some swirls on it with red and aqua paint.


And then I pealed off the contact paper letters,
to reveal the text again.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the process.
This was one of these spur of the moment crafts,
 that I decided to do late at night when the kids were in bed.

 

I am still blogging daily this month to raise awareness for Down syndrome.
Want to know why? Click the tab "Down syndrome resources" on the top of this page.

"31-for-21" challenge - Day 29


Shared at Sugar Bee Crafts.

Pin It

No comments: