Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Why I love spray paint...

Pin It


The past couple months I have had fun using spray paint. Both for things to use inside the house, as well as stuff for the yard. 

What I think is so great is that you can make anything boring suddenly look interesting again by changing its original color. And the best thing is that it's easy and quick!

I just have to be careful not to go overboard and paint everything I come across. 
Just a couple pictures of some things that I painted, unfortunately I don't have any 'before' pictures since I am pretty impulsive once I have a can of spray paint in my hands...


An old tin bucket that I use to keep my garden tools handy got a fresh layer of paint.


I love old window frames, picked this one up at a garage sale over a year ago, and it has been sitting in our garage ever since. I stayed away from the paint during my pregnancy, but not too long afterwards I just HAD to paint it. Now, what do I do with it?

I was thinking it would be neat to let some vines, like ivy, grow through it.

Another awesome idea I found on Craftberry Bush, but not sure if I have the patience to get the materials and do all the work. But doesn't this look pretty?

Picture from Craftberry Bush.

For now it has just been sitting on an old broken bench in our yard, just waiting till I make up my mind...


Another item I found at a garage sale is this flower cart. It was unfinished, and lived in our garage for 2 years! So finally I managed to get it painted. I want to put some flowers in it.



This birdhouse was just an unfinished wooden bird feeder. 
I love how it adds some color to our yard, think it will be especially nice once our yard has lost all its color during the winter months.

Pin It

3 comments:

KatieB said...

Ah...spraypaint! There's not much you can't do with spraypaint. Now that school's in session, I have some spraypainting projects to complete. I'll give you a call if I need help! (You used my fav colors on all of these projects! I love red and turquoise!)

-Katie

amydee said...

Spray paint is great! I like the colors you chose. Your flag counter is neat--100 countries!!

Mariska said...

Well, I'm probably not the one to ask, but am happy to help :) I like to paint outside on the lawn, and Amy noticed that our grass had some interesting colors to it. (I had put down an old plastic table cloth but managed to paint the grass around it...)

And that flagcounter is pretty interesting. You have to pick a maximum number of flags to display, so I thought 100 sounded nice, never thought there would ever be that many. And when I just clicked on it I noticed 149 different countries had been here, haven't even heard of some of them.