Saturday, April 16, 2011

Our 'new' guest room: turquoise and red

Pin It

With our new little one on the way, we have moved around a lot of furniture in the house.

One thing we needed to 'redo' was our guest/workout/craft room.

It's a pretty small room, and you wouldn't believe what we all managed to fit in there. (Daybed, large corner desk, treadmill, bookshelf and 2 filing cabinets...)

I decided to decorate this room with one of my favorite new color combinations: turquoise and red. I thought it wouldn't be too hard to find some pretty bedding in these colors. I was wrong. 

Fortunately, I happened to find some plain turquoise comforters and sheets. So I decided to get them, and get some fabric in red/turquoise and make some pillows to make it more interesting.


I love the flowered duck fabric I found at Hobby Lobby. I made the covers for the 2 big pillows with that fabric.

 Then, I thought it would be too boring if the smaller pillows would be covered with the same fabric. I used some plain fabric in the same colors to make the following 2 pillows:

 They were a lot of fun to make, and just add a little extra to that room!
 The bed in the picture is a daybed, with another bed underneath, so that room could actually be used by 2 guests. For now, this is the only part of the room I am sharing, because the rest is taken over by all kind of half-finished projects! But I am really happy with these bright, cheerful colors in that room!


And speaking about turquoise and red: I recently got these cute bowls and plates for eating outdoors this summer. I love everything about them: the colors (surprise), the scalloped edges, the pattern, the material (melamine), and the price!
They are from Better Homes and Gardens and I got them at Walmart...
(They have them in 2 more colors, but I just got these.)

I linked up to Todays Creative Blog.

Pin It

No comments: